Gallery membership is $25.00 a year.
Memberships run from January 1st to December 31st. Renewal deadline for each year is March 1st.
Download Membership form . Make the cheque payable to "Pearl Ellis Gallery".
What The Gallery Does For You
- the opportunity to register for Members’ shows
- the opportunity to show your art at other venues arranged by the gallery
- informs you about upcoming shows and requirements for participation
- hangs and lights your work at the Gallery
- prepares the labels and attaches them to the wall with the appropriate work
- staffs the Gallery with volunteers
- prepares the show posters and hangs them in the community
- maintains a website with links to various other sites including GoBC, Chamber of Commerce, Comox by the Sea & Comox Valley Tourism
- provides an Artists’ Directory on the website with artists providing the written information
- emails the membership with announcements regarding shows, receptions and other local art related information
- prints and distributes Pearl Ellis Gallery brochures throughout the community
- maintains regular newspaper presence through the Record and Echo through press
- releases and selected advertising
- takes advantage of all free print promotions it can with submissions to the various publications such as Coffee Times and In Focus
- sends in show updates to Channel 4/SHAW
- provides physical arrangements for the Members’ Show Receptions
- provides a yearly show schedule on the Gallery’s website.
- pays a commission of 70% to artists on works sold
- open to the public: 10am - 4pm Tuesday to Saturday, 1 - 4pm Sundays, closed Mondays. Free admittance. (The only Exceptions to this are Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day and our Christmas Break (approximately three weeks)
- participates in a Reciprocal Membership Program with other institutions, see program and benefits listed on our web site.
- free WiFi available at the gallery
- opportunity to purchase artwork at the gallery at a discount of 10% during Receptions and Meet and Greets.
- membership grants you 10% off on purchases made at Whyte’s Framing, Affordable Framing, Sure Copy, The Gallery at Qualicum Art Supply, Loonyrama Plus in Comox Mall (art supplies only), Benjamin Moore - House of Color Arts Supplies, and Martin Kaspers Foothills Commercial Photography. (show your card prior to purchase)
- opportunity to volunteer as host and hostess
We now have the sponsorship of Quality Foods in Comox. Customers shopping at Quality Foods can donate any points to the Pearl Ellis Gallery!
We maintain satellite galleries at the Comox Recreation Center on Noel Avenue, and the Comox Library. Contact the gallery for more information.